Tuesday 4 February 2014

Breaking the walls of insecurities >>>>my journey to self-love





‘My securities’ is an exciting part of me that I want to share with you ladies out there. It is my reality and maybe yours too. It stems out of my insecurities, you know the ropes. The thought that you not as pretty, not as smart, not as sexy, not as rich etc. But I learnt that it never made me better it just made me feel more sad and made me feel more unworthy. I also learnt that I’m not the only one feeling like this and that there are more women who are insecure. I’m talking rich and fabulous, celebrities, people I thought are perfect in every way but at night they are like me: INSECURE. Who is this baby we are nursing who seems to take away our confidence, our genuine smiles, our calling and our uniqueness???? This baby blinds us from who we truly are and what we are in the eyes of our creator. What father in the world would create something ugly and unworthy?


The kind of women society portrays is impossible. There is nothing like flawless but there is being flawless in your flaws that is, you being comfortable in yourself regardless of what people say. Every flaw you see on yourself makes you who you are. It distinguishes you from everyone. We are different and I choose to own my difference. I choose not to look at the other person but to look at myself and my imperfections. Nobody has them like I do and I love them. I chose!!!! It is important to make a decision, either you going to continue being unhappy with yourself or you going to stand up and face the devil. Tell him that you are limitless, you are fearfully and wonderfully made. At first it may seem like nothing but you eventually going to believe it and then see it. “If you don’t like what you see, say what you want and you’ll see what you want.” We can’t go back to un-create what has already been created. What would we even ask?  Where would you be? Who’s going to fulfill your purpose, your journey and your calling. 


Girl, there’s nobody who can fake it like you do. There’s nobody who can perfect it like you do. Everyone deals with their own skeletons. You hate your legs, I hate my butt and she hates everything about herself the difference lies on how each one of us deals with our insecurities. I look at myself in the mirror and tell myself that there’s nothing wrong with me. I decided to love myself and nobody’s going to take me away from that decision because I’m happy. If anyone will try and make me feel inadequate they are out of my life. We can’t try and please people because they will never be pleased. “The moment you feel like you have to prove your worth to someone is the moment to absolutely and utterly walk away.” –Alysia Harris




Our insecurities reflect on other people. If we can’t see ourselves as beautiful we will not see others. In a way when we get to set ourselves free from insecurities we get to free others around us as well. I know when I have nothing good to say about myself I’m going to look at someone I think is doing worse. See what insecurities do, they always compare you to someone else and in that comparison you are never better. So you are going to say a whole lot of nasty things about the other person so you can feel good about yourself but that will not make them disappear. Self-love, acceptance, confidence and non-comparison will set you free. 



 So this February there’s a baby we are laying to rest and another we are awakening. We are awakening self-love and confidence and laying down insecurities.  Ladies we can’t give what we don’t have. Love your neighbor as you love yourself. If we don’t love ourselves we can’t love our sisters and brothers. Instead of looking for a valentine this month find a valentine within yourself. It is amazing. Simply amazing.



Go on and start your journey of self-love.


Follow us on Facebook at- Purpose driven Facebook page link
Follow us on twitter at -Purpose driven women twitter page link


With Love
Khensani Godi (Relationships and fashion desk)

No comments:

Post a Comment