Friday 1 November 2013

How to live and maintain a positive lifestyle



One of the most precious things that my mom taught me that I will treasure forever is surrounding myself with positivity. My mom would not allow anything negative around her or allow me to talk negative about myself or anybody. In this post I will share some of the things that help me to approach life in a positive manner and in turn inspire me to go out and fulfill my God given purpose with confidence and no shame. Dr Mike Murdock in one of his teachings once said that if you can stay inspired in life you will surely succeed in whatever you want to achieve.

So from all of that I made a decision that I will not allow negativity in my life, instead of looking at what I do not have and start complaining about things that I do not have I choose to be grateful for what I have and when I start doing that I realize how blessed I am.

Things that I do almost every day to help me stay positive

1. Set the tone for your  day
I believe that how you start your day determines how the rest of your day is going to be. If you wake being upset and angry at the world that sets a tone for the rest of your day and you are most likely not to enjoy the 24 hours given to you by God to make a difference in your life and in other people’s lives. I always view a day as a gift from God and an opportunity to make a difference in the world we are living in, so every morning I wake up with that mind set of gratitude to God and that kind of sets the tone for my day.

2. Morning prayer and bible study
Well, I am a born again Christian and I believe in the power of prayer and that’s what I do every day at five o’clock in the morning. So I wake up at five every day to pray and study the word of God and kind of declare what I want to see in that particular day and how I want to treat people as well. I love praying in the morning because I am still fresh and to be honest I know that once I jump out of that bed I might not get time to pray and intimately enjoy God as I want to because as they say “life happens”.



3. Jogging
I seriously love jogging especially in the morning because that is how I get time to kind of plan how my day is going to be and to really reflect on my life and think of the areas that need improvement. While I’m jogging I often listen to songs by Hillsong, Jesus Culture and many more.




4. Daily Planner
The next thing I do after jogging is to visit my daily planner, yes I do have one. I know that some people use their smartphones and so on but I prefer writing things down, there is no particular reason for that it is just a preference. I get to see what my day looks like and kind of plan how I am going to use my time effectively.



5. My positive Board
I am a student and in our rooms at res we have boards where you can stick things like your timetable and other things. Well I use half of it for school work and the other half is called my positive board and that is where I like to stick things that inspire me, it may be quotes, pictures of people who inspire me, my goals, pictures of shoes I want to buy and many more other things. I tell you this works all the time because when I look at the board I get inspired hahahahaha!!!!

6. Books, sermons and documentaries
I don’t read books as much as I would like to, but I always find myself reading a book even though it takes me a long time to finish it. Most books that I have read were by Dr Myles Munroe. I love Dr Myles simply because he helped me to understand the importance of purpose from a very young age and how vital it is for one to know their purpose. I also read some books by Dr Mike Murdock and they helped understand how valuable time is and how it should be managed responsibly. I also love listening to sermons by Joel Osteen to help me stay positive. Documentaries about people who have achieved great things are the best to watch for me because I get to see how ordinary people managed to conquer everyday challenges to fulfill their purpose in life.



7. Eating healthy foods
This one is still my biggest challenge because for some reason I just love junk food and I feel bad after eating it. So I decided to start eating healthily because I feel good that way and it makes me happy to know that I am taking good care of my body, because it is the temple of the Holy Ghost. So instead of snacking on unhealthy junk food which most students around me do I prefer going for fat free packaged snacks, fruits and I also drink a lot of water.



8. Looking good
“When you look good, you feel good”, that is very true so I always try to make an effort when it comes to what I decide to wear and it works all the time. I always tell my friends that what I’m wearing is an expression of how I am feeling that day.

9. Family and Friends
I always thank God that I have family and friends who are always there for me. They support me in every way possible and they are always there for me in times of need to encourage me. One person I would like to highlight is my dad, after losing my mom my dad became both a mother and a father to me. He has gone out of his way to make sure that I move forward with life by encouraging me from day to day to keep on holding on to God. I love you daddy, you are the best dad for me.




10. My Journal
I am one of those people who like journaling the activities that took place in my day. I often do this at the end of the day when I’m reflecting on how my day was and it helps me to always remain grateful because I always realise how faithful God has been at the end of each and every day

So these are the few things that help me to stay positive and to constantly approach life with confidence and courage.


Thank you for reading my blog, leave your comments below and the things that help you to stay positive so that we can help each other out.

You can also like our facebook page on the following link purpose driven



With Love

Lunghile

4 comments:

  1. I am a visual person and very much involved with my thoughts. So I always paint a picture of my future and the woman I see emerging. It gives me hope and puts a smile on my face and I must say, my challenges become smaller by the day! What I need to add is that "positive board" and a consistent approach to reading inspirational material. I tend to watch documentaries on socio-political issues as it reminds me of how there is much to be done before I check out. This puts my life in perspective.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by, you don't know how happy I am to have you here. I am definitely going to start painting my future as well. It sounds exciting and I think it just creates a positive atmosphere for one to be in. Thank you again.

      Delete
  2. I love it....I usually start healthy habits and then give up. Hopefully I'm going to be consistent in 2014. One of the things that keep me positive is family. After losing my dad I value family a lot and always pray for them. I also enjoy listening to music and dancing to it. It sets my mind free. But the most important is remembering how blessed I am as I see the goodness and favour of the Father in my life. I usually youtube a lot of African countries and seeing what children go through in those countries inspires me to be a better person, to love and to give and to bring change in my world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Khensani for stopping by:) ......you are absolutely right family is very important because they love you regardless. Wishing you all the best with your health plan in 2014. You can do it!!!

      Delete