Tuesday 7 May 2013

Identity Crisis





When God would give me a desire to do something I would step back and say that I am not good enough or say I don't fit to do it, so growing up as a teenager I would always be in the background for everything because I always looked down upon my self thinking I am not good enough because I don't have this and that.

But when I was around people I would confidently say "I know who I am, I am a child of God, I am royalty, I have dominion BUT that was just talk because such was not a reality in my life. I was not fully persuaded of who I was in Christ and hence when God would tell me to do this I would give an excuse as to why I am not fit to do it and I would call that "humility". This bothered my mom so much, she would always tell me that if you can take time to discover who God created you to be, and get to see yourself the way he sees you, you would stop feeling sorry for yourself and start living out who you really are.

My mom's words were always ringing in my heart to a point where I decided that it is time for me to get things in order and know who I am. So now the question was how do I do that and the answer was the word of God. So I began to go through the scriptures in search of who I am and things began to change, you see the word of God has power. Paul said in 2Timothy 3:16-17 that all scripture is God breathed and it is useful for teaching,rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.






So now I was beginning to look at my self through the word of God and everything that was not like God became a lie to me.

You see if we don't know who we are the enemy will always pull us into a corner where we think that we cannot do anything great while greatness is who we are because  we were made in the image and likeness of God who created the whole universe. This is what the enemy did to Eve by telling her that if she eats of the tree of good and evil she will be like God, but Eve was already like God because she was made in his image and likeness. So when God called out for Adam and Eve after they had eaten of the tree of good and evil Adam answered and said that "I heard you in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked so I hid". But look at what God said, he said that who told you that you were naked"?

So my question to you is, who told you that you can't make it, who told you that you are not good enough. You are just like God, created in his image and likeness, destined to rule and reign. So let us not believe the lies of the enemy but let us build ourselves up with the word of God.


You can also like our facebook page on the following link purpose driven



1 comment: